Rakuten currently has an in-store offer for 3% cash back / 3x Membership Rewards points per dollar spent in-store at Walmart. This could make for a nice little boost since you would stack this on top of ordinary credit card rewards.
- Rakuten has an in-store offer for 3% back / 3x Membership Rewards points per dollar spent in-store at Walmart when you link your credit card and sync the offer
- Direct link to this deal
- Earn Cash Back when you shop with your linked card at all participating Walmart stores.
- Offer valid for a limited time and may be removed or modified by Rakuten at any time.
- Offer not valid for gift card purchases.
- Offer not valid for firearms purchases.
- Purchases are subject to applicable store policies.
- Debit card purchases must be processed as credit in order to be eligible for Cash Back. When using your debit card, do not enter your PIN. Only US-issued payment cards are eligible to enroll and earn Cash Back.
- In-Store offers not valid for online purchases and may not be combined with other Rakuten rewards.
- US stores only.
- Offer not valid at locations in US territories. Offer may be displayed on multiple websites but is redeemable only once per qualifying transaction.
- If you link to the same offer on more than one site, your qualifying transaction will only be eligible for rewards or benefits associated with the offer through the most recently linked site.
- A linked offer is good for 1 hour after initial redemption. After such time the offer must be re-linked prior to your next purchase.
- A linked offer that has not been redeemed will automatically expire on the date the offer itself ends.
- Cash Back earned will be paid with your next eligible Rakuten Big Fat Check!
This could make for a nice little boost if you are already shopping at Walmart since this on top of your ordinary credit card rewards.
The terms indicate that this is not valid on gift card purchases. A few years ago, Rakuten sent emails threatening to shut down accounts where people used in-store offers to buy a lot of gift cards, so keep that in mind.
Overall, the chance to earn an extra 3x at Walmart is a pretty good deal that will certainly be worth it for regular Walmart shoppers.
H/T: Doctor of Credit